In the last post, we took a look at the team sermon preparation approach. There are a number of benefits to this approach that we’ve developed over the years at VALLEY Christian Church:
1. It creates opportunity for training and equipping staff/pastors in the behind the scenes process of sermon preparation.
2. It draws on the creativity of a team rather than just one individual.
3. It allows continuity through a message series when there are multiple people preaching different parts.
4. It informs the staff of “what’s coming up” on Sunday so they can support with prayer.
5. It produces humility in the heart of the pastor, realizing each message is a team effort.