(Here are my notes from our second V3 (View of VALLEY’s Vision) gathering where we shared about the future of VALLEY Christian Church. Notice the “How Can I Help” section. It is so important for a leader to give action steps after sharing BIG PICTURE stuff!
I hope these two posts help you as a leader, with some of the “nuts and bolts” the next time you share long-term vision in your church or ministry.)
Here’s a quick recap of the night…
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8 (NIV)
1. The Promise? Power to His followers.
2. The Purpose? To fulfill His mission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
3. The Proximity? Beyond ourselves.
There are tens of thousands in our community who have never heard the good news of what God has done for them through his Son, Jesus Christ. We’re NOT okay with that. We are compelled to go beyond ourselves for those who have never heard.
Where is the Poughkeepsie Campus Site?
Regal Cinemas at the Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall
After looking at numerous pieces of property and existing buildings, we’ve concluded, for VALLEY, if we are going to fulfill our God-sized goal (5K for ’25), it is important that we prioritize people over property.
What are some of the benefits of launching our Poughkeepsie Campus in Regal Cinemas?
– 700,000 people annually attend movies in this venue
– Lease agreement is for just 12 months at a time (in contrast to long-term lease)
– The Galleria is truly the center of Dutchess County
– LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
– VALLEY will be the only church with a food court & reclining seats in the auditorium with cup holders!
– 377 seating in main theater to be used (Hopewell Campus currently has 330)
– Unlimited parking
– Our lease includes use of lobby, 3 theaters, and Party Room in order to provide the consistent quality of ministry to VALLEY adults and kids that so many have become accustomed to over the years.
– 50 ft. screen in main auditorium
– All of this, for a fraction of the cost to purchase/build or renovate another facility.
Who Has VALLEY Been Looking to for Help and Guidance Preparing for All of This?
- National Community Church: Washington DC (theaterchurch.com)
- Liquid Church: Morristown, NJ (liquidchurch.com)
- Cedar Creek Church: Perrysburg, OH (cedarcreek.tv)
- Liberty Church: Pensacola, FL (libertychurch.net)
Will There Be Additional Staffing?
– Mike Tallerico; joining the VALLEY Staff on 8/10 as Tech Director (Audio, Video & Lighting)
– Jordan McDaniel; Graphics (Out-sourced) recent Liberty University graduate
– Others joining the staff team over the next few months and year
How Can You Help?
- Prayer (21 Days of Prayer coming this FALL)
- Volunteer to serve (we haves needs for both campuses – Hopewell & Poughkeepsie)
- Tell all your friends and family. “We’re COMING for them!”
- If you are interested in being involved in Poughkeepsie, but want more information and want meet some other people in the VALLEY Family involved in Poughkeepsie…Sign up for one of our Poughkeepsie Campus BBQ’s – Email Campus Pastor Josh Brossia for more information – Josh@valleychristianchurch.net