Currently, my wife Susie and I are in Eastern Europe (Ukraine and Moldova) for two weeks of ministry. This is our second mission trip in the last two months. While on our flight across the Atlantic, I made a couple of notes about why it is important for us to take trips such as this (and I highly recommend every Christian does at some point in their life). So often, I believe the ones going (as we are) are impacted more than perhaps even the impact made on those we are blessed to minister to while on trips like this. Here are seven reasons why we go:
1. Because relational connections in the Kigdom of God don’t happen easily, and need to be nurtured.
2. Because we’re champions of the Church, not just our church.
3. Because Jesus set us an example of cross-cultural ministry. (John 3:16)
4. Because what we know is never supposed to be kept to ourselves. (Hebrews 13:16)
5. Because God is doing great stuff everywhere and we want to be a part of it.
6. Because it’s too easy & comfortable to stay. (Jesus didn’t die and rise again so we could live “safe” lives.)
7. Because He told us to. (Matthew 28:18-20)
So “We Go”! How about you?