Really excited about another Marriage Matters gathering tonight at VALLEY Christian Church. This time, we’ve fielded questions for the last week or so online and my wife, Susie and I, are prepping Biblical and practical answers both from our own 23 years of marriage as well as two decades of pastoring. Here’s a sample of questions YOU asked that we’ll answer tonight:
- Should a couple’s finances be joint or is it okay to keep them separate?
- Should roles in the family be filled by those best equipped for the job, even if it is unconventional?
- In a blended family should only birth parents be in charge of making decisions for their own children?
- How do you “not sweat the small stuff”? Example – asking your spouse multiple times to do something, they say they will do it but it never gets done.
- How do you keep a healthy balance between “We time” and “Me time”?
- What, if anything, is a couple’s responsibility toward in-laws (extended family)?
- How can conflict in marriage be handled in a healthy way?
- Is it my spouse’s responsibility to make me happy?
- What is a general guideline for frequency of sex in marriage?
We are really looking forward to a fun filled night together with 65+ couples. In addition to our Q&A time, we will also play another round of Spousology with prizes for all those who participate. See you there!