With Father’s Day approaching, I thought I’d share a little wisdom I’ve picked up along the way while raising three daughters. Although our girls are all teenagers, it is an awesome time to watch them becoming the women God has created them to be. Here’s my list:
1. Daughters need to know they are loved (Tell them every day, no matter what the events of the day were).
2. Daughters need confidence they can make good decisions (Give them regular, age appropriate opportunities to try and fail, live and learn).
3. Daughters need to feel safe (Be aware of what is going on in their lives with friends, school and guys. This comes from asking them, not your wife ).
4. Daughters need to be “Christ-centered” and “other-focused” in order not to be self-centered (Model this for them daily as they watch your life up close).
5. Daughters need to know what qualities to look for in a potential spouse (Show them by the way you treat their mother with love, leadership, compassion, care and a sense of humor).
There’s my list. Even as I wrote it I realized I could easily add five more. What would you add?